Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Lovely Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!  On Saturday, after work, David and I got to spend time with my littlest sister who was in from College for the weekend.  We went to see the new Nicholas Sparks movie, "The Choice," which was very good (I normally can't watch his movies because they are way too emotional and I am a baby)!  It was a great night and I am so glad I got to spend time with my sister.  

As you know, Valentine's day was Sunday.  My husband and I had the best day together.  We started our day at Church and then enjoyed a lovely brunch in Alexandria, Virginia at one of our favorite restaurants, The Warehouse.  It was freezing outside so we didn't spend too much time outside walking around, like we normally would.  If you are ever in the area, be sure to spend time in Old Town Alexandria...it's a great place!  Later that afternoon, my sweet husband cooked me a delicious dinner (recipe listed below), which he served in a new serving bowl to match our China!!  He then brought out the most adorable, tiny heart cake that was decorated just perfect!  It was a very sweet ending to a great day!  I don't know about you, but with our busy schedules, getting to spend an entire day together is rare so we savored every minute of that time!  

P.S.- We had our meeting with our Doctor on Tuesday to discuss the next steps for beginning the IVF process.  I started the first step in the process, birth control, on Valentine's Day (how romantic!! haha!), which I will continue for a few more weeks.  Eeeek!  I'm nervous and excited! 

Here is the recipe David made me for dinner on Valentine's Day:

Pasta with Burst Tomatoes and Mascarpone (from Southern Living)

Ingredients:
1 (24-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli
3 pt. assorted grape tomatoes
1 large tomato, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons, olive oil
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup torn assorted fresh herbs (such as parsley and basil)
1 (8-0z.) container mascarpone cheese

Preparation:
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler with oven rack 4 to 5 inches from heat.  Stir together tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil in a 15-x 10 inch-inch jelly-roll pan.  Broil 5 to 8 minutes or until tomatoes are charred, stirring halfway through.
3. Transfer tomato mixture to a large bowl.  Stir in butter, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 cup fresh herbs.  Spoon over hot cooked ravioli; dollop with cheese.  Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup fresh herbs.  Serve immediately.

Try the recipe and tag me in your picture so I can see!!

Hearts of hearts headed to Church!

We pulled out the crystal for our Valentine's Day dinner!

David arranged these himself!  Quite talented ;)

First Course!

Main Course!  So delicious!

Perfect ending to the day!  Cake from my favorite bakery!!

xo, 
Jessica



2 comments:

  1. Jessica, you are the bravest person I know! Your personal journey will be so encouraging and humbling for others to share in. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared lovely information on your valentine’s day celebrations. Me and my wife are planning to celebrate coming valentine’s day in a grand way and looking for best venues in Atlanta for the same. Hope we find a great venue in budget.

    ReplyDelete