Tuesday, August 30, 2016

PUPO again!



I am nearing the end of my Two Week Wait and getting so close to finding out if our embryo has implanted and I am officially pregnant.  I have felt so many emotions over the last two weeks.  I have made an effort to take it easy and relax as much as possible. The first week I was blessed to have time off work and my usual responsibilities.  I did a lot of laying and resting on the couch and watching movies but mostly I watched Gilmore Girls!  My sisters told me I should watch this show and I’m so glad I started the series on Netflix!  It is light-hearted and the perfect show to get me through this emotionally draining time. 

During times like this, there is no other option but to completely trust God for the outcome.  I told myself going into this transfer that when I became PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise), I would enjoy every moment of this time.  For this reason, I did not test early with a home pregnancy test, as many ladies do.  You could say it's extreme patience but the main reason is I wanted to savor the time I was pregnant, even if for just a short period.  This is an extreme case of "Ignorance is bliss" ;)   

Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
I have full trust that God’s plan is perfect and trust Him for the outcome of this pregnancy.  I want this baby more than words could adequately express and am praying without ceasing that this is my time to be a mom and have a baby to hold and rock to sleep.  I have spent a lot of time talking with God and sharing my hopes and desires for our baby and this pregnancy.   

There have been several verses that have spoken to me during this time of waiting and trusting.  I hope the verses encourage your heart today, no matter what you are waiting and trusting for, put your trust in God.

Psalms 130:5-6 “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Romans 12:12 “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”

Psalms 27:13-14 “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!  Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!”

Psalms 33:20-22 “Our soul waits for Lord; he is our help and our shield.  For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name.  Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”

In Isaiah it says “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.” I do not know what the next hours, days and weeks hold, but I do know who holds the future!  In Him, I have hope and peace. 

xo,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Jessica. How sweet are your words. How precious are your thoughts. You have taken every thought captive. My heart is full of hope that God will enlarge our family and His kingdom. I will be patiently waiting to hear that you're BFP! ❤ In the meantime,I'll keep developing more psoriasis! Ha ha! I adore you!

    ReplyDelete